Runway to Real World: Winged Eyeliner
To celebrate Fashion Week, I’ll be putting together a few posts and today will be the first of these posts. The most prominent look at VAMFF as well as MBFWA that has just kicked off is, of course, the winged liner. From the dark and bold, the traditional wing to the double wing and artistic wing, variations of the eyeliner look were frequently seen at the shows. Not only can it be translated into everyday wear but it’s easy to do at home and it’s one of my favourite eye makeup looks as well!
Here are just some of the interpretations of the winged eye seen on the runway:
You can achieve the perfect winged liner through using eyeliner in many forms. Felt and Kohl for those who aren’t too confident, to liquid and gel for those who have a steady hand.
- Maybelline Hyper Glossy Liquid Eyeliner – $9.95
- Rimmel London Scandal’Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner – $9.95
- OFRA Cosmetics Fixline Eyeliner Gel – $26.00
- Loreal Paris Super Liner Blackbuster – $16.95
Below is a tutorial by Make Up Artist, Tobi Henney on how to create a fresh base and the perfect winged liner that anyone can wear.
Top Tips from Make Up Artist Tobi Henney:
- Use the Eyeliner to enhance the upper lash line and apply from the inner to outer eye.
- Draw the liner back to the centre of the eyelid and ensure that you keep the line thin on the inner eye section.
Is the winged liner something you wear often and what are your top tips to achieving the perfect wing? Leave a comment below!
Like this post?
Follow me on Bloglovin’!
Like my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
That’s all for now,