Today I thought I’d share my tips and tricks on how to get the most out of your beauty products and make them well worth their purchase price as well as ensuring you actually use up the product!
1. Make the correct product purchase: Choose the right products for your skin tone, skin type and hair type. If you have oily skin, look for products aimed at that skin type and when purchasing items like foundation, not only make sure it will work for your skin type but always swatch and test different shades and even ask store employees which shade matches the best to ensure the product will work for you and that you aren’t wasting money on this purchase. If you have sensitive skin, look out for any ingredients you may be allergic to.
2. Read reviews before buying: I nearly always read reviews and search for swatches of a product I contemplate purchasing. I keep an eye out for reviews written by those with the same skin type, hair type and similar skin tone to mine so that I can make an educated guess as to whether or not that product will work for me. Resist the urge of an impulse purchase!
3. Put the product to work: Get it to multi task and play different roles. There are lots of products like lip and cheek tints, oils for skin, hair and nails, etc which are all amazing at being multi-use products.
4. Don’t buy too many of one product: I have to admit I am a serial ‘5 mascaras open at one time’ kinda gal but try to ensure that a specific product collection doesn’t get too crazy, otherwise some will be neglected as you find new favourites and you’ll end up with products best thrown away as they’ve gone off or haven’t be used in a very long time.
5. Pass the product on: If you know you’re not going to use a specific beauty product for whatever reason, ask your friends and family members if they’re interested in having it and I’m sure there will be a few takers. I feel much better giving products away than throwing them out when they’re perfectly useable.
6. Use the product correctly: This may sound a bit silly but you may think a product isn’t working for you when you actually may not be using it properly! Read instructions and reviews of the product as others may give you tips on how to best use the product, what order to use it in and such. Give the product a few goes using it differently each time to find how it works for you best.
7. Stick at it: – Quite a few products, especially skincare products and even haircare products don’t work overnight and need consistent and daily use for an extended period of time before you can see any changes and effects it has on you so make sure you give it a proper go before making a judgement.
Do you have any other tips and tricks to share?